For this project, CRC is working with an array of government, private sector and community partners to help Aquidneck Island and its four communities – Middletown, Newport, Portsmouth and Naval Station Newport — apply the best available science and public input to the development of a five-year plan to proactively prepare for coastal flooding and storm damage, key aspects of climate change. CRC has worked with the Island for more than a decade on implementing planning programs, such as the state-administered Aquidneck Island Special Area Management Plan , for the management, use and protection of coastal and ocean resources that anchor the Island’s economic, social and environmental health.
- Aquidneck Island Resilience Strategy: A Summary
- Aquidneck Island Resilience Strategy Paper 1 Issue: EMERGENCY RESPONSE AND PREPAREDNESS
- Aquidneck Island Resilience Strategy Paper 2 Issue: TRANSPORTATION
- Aquidneck Island Resilience Strategy Paper 3 Issue: ISLAND ECONOMY
- Aquidneck Island Resilience Strategy Paper 4 Issue: RESIDENTIAL FLOODING
- Aquidneck Island Storymap
Project Sponsors: URI Coastal Resources Center, Rhode Island Sea Grant, Prince Charitable Trusts, Van Beuren Charitable Foundation